Wednesday, March 31, 2010

my big girl :(





For T's 9th birthday this month she very specifically asked for a cropped jean jacket. She went into explicit detail describing what type of jacket she wanted. This is the first time she has asked for an article of clothing with so many specifications. (When her sister got a vest, she asked for one, but she's never asked for something before that she didn't see her sister get first). So I knew she really wanted this and it must mean a lot to her, so I looked and looked and finally found exactly what she wanted (at a consignment shop no less!) and gave it to her for her birthday. She was very happy and has worn it EVERY day since then. She loves it.








I, however, look at her in this hip cute jacket and all I can think of is how grown up my little girl looks. Its actually heart-wrenching. My sweet little girl, is beginning to look like a hip little tween---eeeeek! Here is a photo of what I'm dealing with, I bet u can understand. I'm happy for her, but at the same time it makes me sad because she doesn't look so little to me anymore :( I guess she's really growing up. eeek!






The first picture is her putting it on as soon as she opened it. The second one is with her cheese pie (our family's traditional birthday 'cake' for 3 generations now). (Do notice she is holding a Barbie though (still my little girl!) the doll was actually mine when I was a kid and I gave it to her for her birthday this year as well-she was so excited. The third picture really shows that 'big girl' look that I was talking about, aawwww.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Rene, you are so precious! I just love reading your blog. It is exactly how you are in real life and i love that. You have some funny little quirks about you...but I'm coming to love every bit of it! :o)
Your baby is growing up...but it's a good thing. I'm so glad she's such a sweetheart like her momma! You're doing a great job!