Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heading to vegas woohoo!

My hubby and I are heading to Vegas soon...woohoo!
A long weekend without the kiddos, lots of fun (hee hee), lots of gourmet food (I hope!), and lots of shopping!  Soooooo looking forward to this trip! (especially since its probably our only 'vaca' this year). We initially planned on heading to MI and CA to visit relatives, but my husband's workload had increased DRAMATICALLY over the last several months due to some changes that he is making with one of our companies. Because of that (which is GOOD), he can't afford to be away much right now, so we will probably stay a lot closer to home than anticipated originally. Therefore, this trip is even more important to me, because for a lady who LOVES to go on vacation, I'm really going to relish this one in case its the ONLY one we take lol.
The trip is actually a golf trip for Dan and a bunch of guys, but the wives were invited too, and since we used to live in Vegas, I jumped at the chance to go! I can hopefully see some old friends and co-workers, relax at the Mirage pool, and (definately) get lots of shopping in!
I love fancy, yummy food. I love watching Top Chef where I get to see chefs create this amazing food. When we went to Aspen last year I got to eat some really amazing gourmet food... I loved it. So, in doing some research online about what I'm going to do while there, I've come across some amazing looking restaurants (Vegas has certainly picked up its game-food wise- over the years. They are now not only known for cheap buffets(yuck!) but also brillian culinary masterpieces.) I am SOOOO looking forward to hopefully eating at some of these places. The only problem is, I am probably the only one :(  
My husband will join me, but if we are eating as a group with all the other golfers, I have a feeling I am going to be severely overrulled and we won't be going to many of these places. Hopefully we will still eat at decent places. We have Thurs and Fri to ourselves before everyone else arrives, so at least those nights I'll be guaranteed to be able to try some of these fantastic restaurants I've been reading about.
I've lost 5 pounds (so far) in anticipation, to make sure I've got room for all this yummy food I want to eat while I'm there ha ha :)
We've got our flight, our hotel, our car rental, and now just yesterday, I booked us for the Beatles Love Cirque Soleil show at the Mirage. I love Beatles music, and Cirque performances are always amazing so I'm thinking it should be really good.
I had wanted to stay at one of the newer hotels like the Aria or Vdara. They looked really cool, and I like to stay in nice rooms, because old, crappy hotel rooms gross me out.  Since it was just the two of us, I wanted to splurge on a room to thoroughly enjoy. Plus, there is no gaming in those hotels, which I liked, because the annoying sound of slot machines in casinos gives me a headache. But I was unsure about how far it was to eat and gamble at (for Dan, since there were few restaurants on site and no gaming), and then I read some really bad reviews about the rooms so I decided not to take the risk of the unknown. Unfortunately, all the hotels that were cool and new when we lived there are now 10-20 years old. In hotel years, that's old. Unless of course they have done some remodeling and updating. Which it turned out the Mirage had just done. Since everyone else was staying there, we decided to go ahead and stay there too to make it more convenient to get together with every one.  Plus it was cheaper (more money to shop with!) And to cement the reservation, my old friend Gayle, had gone there about 2 months ago and she said it was great. Rooms turned out really nice after the remodel (yea!). So that is were we are staying. I am still trying to work out details to meet up with a couple old friends. Maybe for lunch or pedicures or shopping. I only wish it was a 'holiday' so the shopping centers would be running some sort of 'sale'. Oh well, hopefully I'll still find good deals, I love shopping when there are good deals!
I heard the Mirage pool is like an oasis with great decor so hopefully that will be enjoyable too :)
I guess I don't have much more to share, I am just really excited and can't wait to go. I'm sure I'll have a post to make afterwards :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I refuse to make this comment about how jealous I am. :) I hope you have the time of your life (or year anyway! :) and get to do all the fancy-schmancy eating, shopping, relaxing and "having fun" that you can imagine! :) Love you!