Wednesday, December 23, 2009

our new basketball hero!

Goodbye Michael Jordan (ok, I'm aging myself), hello our sweetheart! T started practicing on a basketball team this month and will have her first game in January. Can you tell we are proud, proud parents?! So looking forward to watching her play. Gymnastics is fine and I know she likes it, but it sure is exciting to watch a team sport rather than some drills on the mat (she's not a competition gymnast, so maybe that's why I feel this way. If we had signed her up to compete then it might seem more team-spirited. But since I am a former cheerleader, I'm loving the idea of getting some team spirit going here at the upcoming games! :) She is excited to do both and had a lot of fun at her first practice).

Her aunt and uncle both played college ball (with her aunt still holding a collegiate record for 3-pointers), her dad played in high school, and I played in junior high. So, needless to say, we are looking forward to carrying on the tradition and watching her play a sport we all have some experience with (at least when watching I'll know the rules-unlike soccer where I have no idea what they are doing and what's legal and what's not-ha ha). I'm sure I'll keep u posted as the "season" progresses. :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay T! She looks so cute posing for that pic! You'll have to let us know when the games start! We'd love to come watch her play!