Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just a bunch of monkeys at the zoo!

My matching girls.

W and T on the camels.



Jen and I striking a pose!



The kiddos in front of the bamboo.




The girls and I went to the zoo the other day (ok, it was several weeks ago, but it takes me awhile to write these posts and upload my pictures). We joined my friend Jen, her kids, and another friend of hers. We had a fun time looking at the animals (and sweating in the heat). I took lots of pictures of our monkey-kids, so a few of those shots are included here. They also started something new at our zoo, where u can ride a camel, so of course the girls wanted to ride. However, I think its kind of funny that my youngest is all gung-ho and happy-smiley, while my oldest gets on the camel and suddenly gets a frozen scared look on her face. (Same thing happened on the fake bull-ride at the fair last year-ha ha). Funny how the older kids aren't always the braver ones. We also got to watch the chimpanzees being VERY active. They were swinging and playing with each other and it was very amusing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Those chimps made the whole trip worth it! So funny!
By the way...my mom gave me a coupon for "2 free Zoo Admissions" so I may take another trip there in the fall, if you wanna join us! :o)
The coupons are on the back of Diet Coke 2 liters..fyi. If you buy one, I'll drink it for you! :o)