She is now 'double digits', wow! I can't believe how close 12, and gulp, teen years are!
I am reading a book by Dannah Gresch about how to talk to your 8-12 year old about growing up. Honestly, its so scary I haven't done it yet. But I know I need to, because I want to be sure to be the one she comes to for questions (not her peers). I know that with God's guidance, we can help her learn the right choices and prayerfully make those choices. I just really really want to make sure that as she grows up she stays strong in God's Word and chooses His way, instead of our current society's "acceptable" way.
Anyway, back to the celebration at hand. She turned 10 and we had several days of 'celebrating'...
![]() |
| Here she is with two of her friends at her party. We went and saw a movie, got froyo, then came home for presents/cake/homemade pizza, and playtime. |
![]() |
| Here her sister is giving her a huge birthday hug as she opens presents. I love this picture. W yelled "I have a birthday present for you!" then jumped into her arms and gave her a hug! :) |
![]() |
| The birthday cookie-cake she wanted. |
![]() |
| Blowing out her birthday fruit at the Hibachi restaurant she wanted to go to for her birthday dinner. |
![]() |
| The famous pistachio bread that great grandpa made for her. |
![]() |
| Our little sewing girl finally got her own sewing maching from G&G |
![]() |
| Her and grandpa about to blow out the candles on our traditional 'birthday pie' |
![]() |
| what a cute picture of her and grandpa |
We got her a gift certificate to take four cooking classes at a local culinary studio here. Do you think she is excited? :) She was so happy. She will have lots of fun I'm sure, and hopefully she'll come home and cook for us ;)
![]() |
| Cooking classes...wow! |
![]() |
| I couldn't move this picture up where it belonged, but this was her excited look as she opened her sewing maching :) |











1 comment:
Very cute! Love her suzy-homemaker side! All that cooking and sewing--she's gonna make a great mommy and wife one day! :)
You know I LOVE IT that you guys celebrate birthdays for a full week! Don't forget mine is July 10th (or July 5-15th) hee hee
Happy Birthday T!!!
Rene...get on with the big girl talks already...times a tickin!:)
Post a Comment